Wednesday, March 13, 2013

MORNING By Lachlan Wallace



Morning, all is quiet.  I don't bother to open my eyes, just curl up and wait, half trying to get back to sleep, half not bothering.  After a few minutes I feel bored, stretch out and open my eyes, not that it really matters.  It is still dark except for the small sliver of light coming from the gap in the curtains, no sound except for the soft breathing of my siblings.  Still I wait, the darkness retreating through the gap in the curtains. 

Suddenly I hear a door open and the thump, thump, thump of footsteps coming down the hallway. 'Dad,' I think as he goes into Fraser's room.  I strain my ears to hear what he says, but,as usual I hear nothing.  Then footsteps head towards my room.  I close my eyes and wait, I know Dad's in the room as he opens the curtains.

No comments:

Post a Comment